All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.
This is an intense, gripping novel perfect for fans of Gayle Forman, Jay Asher, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, and Jenny Downham from a talented new voice in YA, Jennifer Niven.

They're right. This is one of the good ones. Just go read it. Don't read any reviews; they'll spoil something unintentionally.

This was a rollercoaster. I didn't cry until after I put it down, and then I thought about it, and absolutely bawled. There were so many scenes in this book that perfectly encompassed the feelings of depression and of feeling so small inside this great big world.

Theo's character. Oh goodness. I hurt. He was incredibly well written, and gorgeously flawed. I fell in love with him in this book, and I wanted to fix him. And in that regard I related with Violet even more and loved her even more.

I'm not as in love with this book as most people are, but I think that's because I've read a lot of really good books this past week. This definitely did live up to the hype though.

This book reminded me of the Spectacular Now, movie version. Not sure why as they're pretty different. Just an observation.

Despite the tears, this was a smooth and easy read, and definitely one for the lists.