How to Be Bad - E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle

Three bestselling authors—E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle—bring you on the road trip of a lifetime in this dynamic novel packed with fun, friendship, and feminism.

Jesse, Vicks, and Mel each has her own reason for wanting to get away from their nowheresville Florida town. Add in a hot (and harmless) hitchhiker, an impending hurricane, and a close encounter of the gator kind, and the result is one sizzling road trip where the journey is far more important than the destination. Now in a fresh new package, How to Be Bad will take even more readers along for the ride.

A fantastic story for girls, I really loved how this story focused on the three characters over their romances.

I'm not sure how the authors divided the writing, but I really loved how each of the three girls had their own voice and felt authentic through the details they chose to include.  I also loved that the timeline was continuous, and I didn't have to read each character's recap of an event.

The three girls were also different enough to be interesting. All three had their own secrets at some point that added to the tension and drama while keeping the plot moving. Jesse in particular intrigued me, being extremely Christian but also living in meagre conditions.

The road trip they embarked on was entirely quirky and entertaining, something that a lot of high schoolers dream of doing. They visited some rather interesting landmarks (world's smallest police station?) and almost died twice, but that just added to the fun of everything.

There were moments in this book where I literally laughed out loud, and moments where I felt squrimy and uncomfortable as they fought. This was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.