The Future of Us - Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler

What if you could see how your life would unfold--just by clicking a button?
It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet. Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM. Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future. Everybody wonders what their destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.

With an incredibly sweet story, this book was touching and had an interesting glimpse to the butterfly effect.

I really enjoyed this one, and it left me with that strong feeling of love that makes your heart clench a little bit. Though it wasn't particularly complex or deep, it was a very well told love story.

Seeing the two with their various goals and desires was intriguing, and though the whole book was leading in one specific direction, I still had the urgent desire to read to find out what would happen. The conflicts between the two felt very real.

I loved Josh as a male YA character--he seemed to stand out from the crowd and though his voice felt real, he also didn't feel like the stereotypical jock guy that a lot of central YA boys do.

It was also fun seeing what people might have thought about Facebook upon seeing it today. I feel like Emma was also growing up in her various futures.

The ending was obviously predictable, but this didn't take away from how incredibly sweet it was. I may or may not have shed a few tears.