Smart Girls Get What They Want - Sarah Strohmeyer

Gigi, Bea, and Neerja are best friends and total overachievers. Even if they aren't the most popular girls in school, they aren't too worried. They know their real lives will begin once they get to their Ivy League colleges. There will be ivy, and there will be cute guys in the libraries (hopefully with English accents)! But when an unexpected event shows them they're missing out on the full high school experience, it's time to come out of the honors lounge and into the spotlight. They make a pact: They will each take on their greatest challenge—and they will totally rock it.

Gigi decides to run for student rep, but she'll have to get over her fear of public speaking—and go head-to-head with gorgeous California Will. Bea used to be one of the best skiers around, until she was derailed. It could be time for her to take the plunge again. And Neerja loves the drama club but has always stayed behind the scenes—until now.

These friends are determined to show the world that smart girls really can get what they want—but that could mean getting way more attention than they ever bargained for. . . .

This book was not really what I was expecting from the title and blurb, though I did really appreciate the characters and the values they held.

I loved seeing high school characters who actually cared about the real world and life past high school. I felt like they were a little too self-obsessed at points though; the girls could sometimes seem overconfident and cocky.

The romance aspect was super sweet and absolutely adorable and I appreciated that again, both of them had character and it wasn't just hormones and attraction.

I did really appreciate that they tried to live life. In high school, I felt a lot of similar pressures to succeed and to get into a good college, and I think a lot of current students can relate a lot. It's very powerful to finally have a book that advocates for trying to have a life in addition to being an academic success.

This was a fun read, but relatively forgettable. I wouldn't advise against reading it, but there was nothing spectacular about it.