The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella

Workaholic attorney Samantha Sweeting has just done the unthinkable. She’s made a mistake so huge, it’ll wreck any chance of a partnership.
Going into utter meltdown, she walks out of her London office, gets on a train, and ends up in the middle of nowhere. Asking for directions at a big, beautiful house, she’s mistaken for an interviewee and finds herself being offered a job as housekeeper. Her employers have no idea they’ve hired a lawyer–and Samantha has no idea how to work the oven. She can’t sew on a button, bake a potato, or get the #@%# ironing board to open. How she takes a deep breath and begins to cope–and finds love–is a story as delicious as the bread she learns to bake.
But will her old life ever catch up with her? And if it does…will she want it back?

This was another delightful Kinsella book about a very driven, very intense girl, who makes a 50 million pound mistake by overlooking one memo on her desk. Instead of sticking around to face the music, she freaks out and runs off.

Samantha was one of my favourite Kinsella heroines because I related to her so much. She'd spent basically her entire life working towards becoming a partner at her law firm, and when she gets a few hours of free time in the book, she finds herself completely lost and unsure what to do--exactly how I feel every summer. Though I'd like to think I wouldn't run from a mistake, I often feel that desire to just run off and start an entirely new, stress-free life.

Seeing her attempting to learn how to operate the most basic of all household appliances was an absolute riot. The household she begins working for has the highest expectations for her and owns the most complex of all household appliances.

Ultimately, though I think she made a few drastic decisions, I enjoyed how this book made me think about priorities and what happiness really requires.

Though not outstanding in comparison to other Kinsella works, this was a solid and enjoyable book,