I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill, but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents, she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.

I absolutely ADORED this book! It read like an absolutely stellar romantic comedy movie and I had to stay up all night to finish it.

Though this was a kind of typical romance, the characters were well fleshed out and I loved how they both grew. There was kind of a mystery as a sub plot as well that led to some fun detective work. I could guess the ending, of course, but this had me on the edge of my seat thinking that maybe things wouldn't work out perfectly as these characters felt like real people (and goodness knows real life doesn't work out perfectly!)

Poppy and Sam were extremely different people but both had depth and maturity. I really enjoyed seeing how they both grew throughout the knowledge. Poppy took it on herself to reply to some of his emails and to send a few of her own, which was hilarious to see. Their supreme differences led to a fun dynamic and I loved reading their texts and their interactions.

The dynamic between Poppy and her future in-laws was also a lot of fun. She made a lot of blunders, finding them to be extremely superior to her intellectually, but I was very satisfied with how the ending worked out for them.

This book was littered with footnotes, which I adored. The concept tied into the plot, and they were well placed and funny. Reading them on my phone's kindle app was a little vexing, but I skipped them in two or three chapters (when I was telling myself I was falling asleep) and didn't lose anything.

Also, more kudos to this book for being PG. I hate when romances rely on sex scenes!

I am so excited to read more of Kinsella's works. This was a fantastic book and filled with so much good-natured fun.