If I Could Turn Back Time: A Novel - Beth Harbison

While this book felt cliche at points, this was worth reading and would resonate strongly with any readers who feel like life may have got away.

The premise, that a 38-year-old workoholic wakes up and finds herself 18 again, was really intriguing and a fascinating scenario to think about; however, I wasn't particularly fond of how it was pulled off. The end chapters explained it well enough, though it still felt a little unexpected--NAME hadn't mentioned having any spiritual beliefs or such that would have led to the epilogue.

I did enjoy the scenarios that NAME was put into and the way she dealt with them, being literally an adult in a teenager's body with the outside world having different expectations of her and the way she should act.

This book definitely made me feel old, even at 20, and made me wonder if I'm truly living life the way that makes me happy, which wasn't always a good feeling. If I were older, this might have almost been depressing to read. But the overall message was positive and optimistic.

Overall, though this isn't something I'd go out of my way to recommend, this was a solid book that held my attention.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.