Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin

Elsewhere is my favourite book of all time. I've read a lot of books in my days, and this is the book that I keep coming back to.

I'm glad I read it when I was younger, however, as I think if I were to pick it up as an adult it wouldn't quite speak to me the way it did then. Despite no longer being a teenager, however, this book makes me bawl my eyes out every single time I read it.

Zevin knows how to make you think without you realising she's doing so. She raises questions of life and death and love, as well as what happens when we age, how we can grow out of love and how experiences and memories really influence our age.

Her writing is gorgeous--very precise and never entering the minds of her characters. She shows us what's happening and allows us to make our own inferences and come to our own realisations.

This book makes me feel hopeful and in love and naive all over again. I own two physical copies in addition to my kindle edition just so I can force people to read it. It's an easy read, and well worth the time