The Cinderella Princess (Royal Holiday Book 1) - Melissa McClone

I really enjoyed this sweet romance. It's a great read for anyone looking to be distracted for a few hours from the reall world.

Despite concerning royalty of various imaginary countries, this story was easy to follow. It had a kind of The Bachelor/The Selection-esque background to it, though this wasn't the main story.

Our male lead, Luc, seemed at first glance to be very typical and predictable; however, he had a side to him that was surprising, and a more original background that explained how he had become the way he was. I enjoyed getting to figure him out alongside Emily, our main female lead.

Emily was delightful. She had a subplot to her aside from the romantic plot and was a strong-headed character with a lot to say. She was very successful and driven with her career, but also had a backstory that had shaped her personality. The moments where we saw her softer side made me fall in love with her, too.

Though there were no absolutely spectacular moments or novelties to this book, this was well-written and I recommend it for someone looking for something light and fun to read.

I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.