The List - Siobhan Vivian

Postcard-perfect Jar Island is home to charming tourist shops, pristine beaches, amazing oceanfront homes—and three girls secretly plotting revenge.
KAT is sick and tired of being bullied by her former best friend.
LILLIA has always looked out for her little sister, so when she discovers that one of her guy friends has been secretly hooking up with her, she’s going to put a stop to it.
MARY is perpetually haunted by a traumatic event from years past, and the boy who’s responsible has yet to get what’s coming to him.
None of the girls can act on their revenge fantasies alone without being suspected. But together…anything is possible.
With an alliance in place, there will be no more “I wish I’d said…” or “If I could go back and do things differently...” These girls will show Jar Island that revenge is a dish best enjoyed together.

This was an intriguing look into the lives of eight different girls at varying points of high school and the qualities and attributes that supposedly defined them.

Because there were eight girls, I didn't really get to know any of them in depth, and as such it was a bit hard to really get involved in this book as there was no particular one to draw me in and keep me going. I did enjoy getting perspectives from very different characters, however, and I thought the author did a great job at distinguishing them and keeping them from blending together.

Side characters such as the principal were a lot of fun to read about. In addition to the eight main girls, other characters had fascinating reactions to the drama and it was intriguing to see all the reactions from the excluded.

I enjoyed the concept and how an anonymously posted list could make certain girls be the center of attention. Though it was very high school, it was also a fascinating social experiment that shows the power of a certain dynamic.

This was a unique take on a high school popularity book and though I didn't become particularly invested in characters, I enjoyed reading it.