Abandon - Meg Cabot

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.
Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.
But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

This was a fun paranormal romance that was a little bit teeny, a little bit suspense, and quite fun.

I loved how Pierce kept a lot of details very ambiguous at the start. She continuously referred to the accident and various incidents that had occurred without explicitly detailing them, and this was an effective metaphor for her relationship and trust with John, the concept of the Furies, and her acceptance of what was happening.

I didn't understand the attraction between Pierce and John--in fact, when I started thinking about it, it became quite creepy as it mainly relied on one interaction from when Pierce had been rather young. I would have liked more characterization between them, and also between Pierce and some other people at her high school.

Additionally, there was a family dynamic that added to the entire plot line, and this put everything a little bit over the top--it wasn't quite necessary to make things as complicated as they were.

There was a mystery and some intrigue that kept me guessing and was fun, though ultimately quite sad, to figure out.

The Inferno theme was a little overdone. Though I'm usually a sucker for mythology, I don't feel that its presence here added much to the book.

Overall though, this was a great book to lose myself in. I really enjoyed reading it and recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and fluffy book.